Business Development / Sales . New York, New York
For over three decades , many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Align as a tru sted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design , build , delivery and managed services . We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seek ing to own challenging projects for some of today’s most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success , then we want to hear from you today .
Align seeks a Junior Client Relat ionship Manager to work within the Workplace Technology team, with a focus on our IT Construction Project Management and Low Voltage Cable Design Solutions. We seek someone that is outgoing, customer service focused and passionate about building client relationships. This is a entry level role, but any B2B sales, business development or account management experience would be a plus. We are willing to hire entry level candidates with no experience and train them up. Ideal candidates will have some relevant experience as a project coordinator or account manager in the IT, Construction, Corporate Real Estate, Low Voltage Cabling (LVC) industries. Someone with an Event Planning background that is sociable and looking to make a transition to corporate account management or project management could also be a great fit for this role! This will be a hybrid role including some project coordination and client relationship management. We are looking for someone that can quickly learn to manage projects and help build industry and client relationships to support our sales and business development initiatives. We going to train and invest in this person and it is an excellent career opportunity. E xceptional written, verbal and client service skills are critical . The ideal candidate is sales minded, eager to learn, has a self-starter mindset and enjoys building relationships. This is an exceptional opportunity to learn about our rapidly growing industry and be mentored by seasoned Account Managers in this industry. Training will be done “on the job” to provide hands-on experience so that this role can develop skills to eventually take on full ownership of selected accounts . The Junior Client Relationship Manager will be based out of our New York City office . This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary, paid training and performance-based incentives .
- Owns and manages the client relationship on an ongoing basis; oversees all project initiatives with the client and is ultimately responsible for the quality of service delivery
- Responsible for identifying new opportunities and positioning new work; regularly interacts with client senior management
- Responsible for regular updates to management team; sets and manages client expectations
- Help plan, coordinate and attend client, industry and partner corporate, entertainment and social events to help increase our presence in the market and build rapport with clients and partners
- Schedules and oversees the internal kickoff or handoff meetings relating to the client; coaches and partners with the project manager or technical lead; guides initiatives in service delivery; ensures integration of multiple work initiatives (if applicable)
- Responsible for day-to-day client management of initiatives within a client agenda; may oversee multiple work streams within that initiative; guides work streams in service delivery
- Ensures integration of multiple work streams; identifies new opportunities and structures proposals
- Responsible for project planning, tracking, deliverables, client relationships, client team members, team progress, client status, decision making and facilitation (all aspects of project management)
- Note that on a small engagement, one person may assume the role of project manager and account manager
- 0-2 Years of client relationship management, account management, sales or client-facing project management in the Corporate Construction, Low Voltage Cable (LVC), Corporate Real Estate or IT industries would be ideal
- Any experience in client relationship management, sales, and project management would also be acceptable
- Must be outgoing and able to build effective working relationships with clients and partners
- Must be a fast learner and detail oriented
- Ability to manage deadlines and i ntegrate multiple work streams
- Any project management skills including r esource planning; estimation; coordination of task and deliverables; and b udgeting
- Knowledge of proposals, project plans, BOM/SOW, MSA documentation, creation , and follow-through would be a plus
- Understanding of marketing strategies and concepts is a plus
- Exceptional n egotiation , f acilitation and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with a p ositive and p roactive attitude
- Highly self-motivated and w illing to learn
- Solid Microsoft Office skills including Word, Power Point and Excel
Align is a dynamic and flexible place to work, offering professionals unparalleled opportunities to train in the leading technologies, make an impact within the industry and control their own destinies. We have a flawless track record of delivering technical solution s and have established long-standing relationships with an impressive client list of both Global 1000 and SMB clients.
We work across a diverse list of industries including financial services, life sciences (pharmaceutical and health care), retail, technology, media and telecommunications. We give our professionals the autonomy to pursue opportunities and manage assignments in ways that maximize their creativity and talents, leading to self-fulfillment and financial rewards.
For more details, visit www.align.com .