Req ID: 122353
Recruiter: Devin N Sinnott
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
Salary Grade: S 17
For more information about CHOP’s current Fiscal Year Compensation Plan Guidelines please
Responsible for all aspects of Occupational Health (OH) nursing services in collaboration with the manager and key stakeholders. The OH RN performs post-offer/ preplacement exams, performs exposure evaluations and exposure management, assesses and treats employee injuries, coordinates department based programs, and provides basic nursing care. Documents all services in electronic medical record (EMR) and utilizes EMR for OSHA reports. Promotes and protects the health and safety of CHOP employees. Participates in multi-disciplinary committees/programs that impact employees.
- Performs pre-placement health screenings of new hires assuring ability to perform essential functions of role. Consults with NP/manager or Medical Director for complex issues.
- Performs basic nursing functions such as immunization and TB screenings for employees, volunteers, students, Research NTPs and other contract personnel.
- Assesses and manages work related injuries and illnesses under the direction of the CRNP and /or medical director. Demonstrates basic knowledge of regulatory requirements, specifically OSHA injury recording and reporting. Provides counseling for and management of Bloodborne Pathogen injuries.
- Works collaboratively with HR, worker comp, IPC and EHS to assure best practice, optimal service and employee safety.
- Participates in and/or coordinates department based programs including immunization programs, respiratory clearance/fit-testing, medical surveillance, TB screening, and wellness.
- Demonstrates knowledge of electronic medical record (EMR) and enters all data correctly in EMR system. Ability to track and utilize data through reports.
- Participates in committee work and departmental process improvement projects related to Occupational Health Services. Ability to organize or lead work under direction of the manager.
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Registered Nurse License in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or in the State of New Jersey, depending on the assigned work location.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Nursing Diploma
Required Experience: Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a related nursing field.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: BSN
Preferred Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience in Occupational Health, adult injury, ED, or ambulatory exposure.
Additional Technical Requirements
- Knowledge of process improvement work strongly preferred.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Comfortable with group speaking and presentations.
- Venipuncture skills.
- Chain of Custody drug testing.
- Respiratory fit-testing.
- Basic use of a computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, USB ports).
- Basic use of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and Skype).
- Web browsing, intranet search, document access.
- Use of shared network file space.
- Basic use of patient facing technology. (e.g. IV pumps, point of care devices, CR monitors).
- Navigation and use of clinical communication systems.
- Determines the nature and extent of clinical information needed and uses the appropriate technology to access it.
- Accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluates information and its sources critically and appropriately incorporates it into clinical practice.
- Evaluates outcomes of the use of information.
Information Management Literacy
- Navigation of the electronic health record system.
- Ability to locate and review specific patient data in various clinical information systems.
- Effectively uses clinical decision support tools.
- Understands policies and procedures, confidentiality, security, and privacy regulations regarding the use of clinical information systems.
- Ability to collect clinical data using quality improvement tools.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146